I started painting about twenty years ago after reading an article about a renowned botanical artist. My love for gardening and plants provided me with the perfect background for botanical art and I was fortunate to be able to earn a certificate in Botanical Art and Illustration from the Corcoran College of Art & Design.
Moving to the Northern Neck area of Virginia recently has renewed my love for the environment. I hope to continue my work with specific focus on the endangered and native plants of this part of Virginia.
My work has been included in:
- The DC Architecture Center show "Nature in the Walkable City"
- The documentary "Healing the Earth and the Human Spirit" by the Environmental Education Media Project (EEMP)
- Cover art and illustrations for the book "A Garden of Marvels" by author Ruth Kassinger
- The Delaware Art Museum exhibition "Beyond Words: the Symbolic Language of Plants"
- The 2010 White House Holiday Guide Book "Simple Gifts"
- Illustrations for the book "Paradise under Glass" by author Ruth Kassinger
- The Corcoran Gallery of Art exhibition "Botanical Treasures of Lewis and Clark"
- The US Botanic Gardens in Washington, DC
- Local galleries and art exhibits, most recently at Adah Rose Gallery in Kensington, MD and VisArts in Rockville, MD